Sunday, December 21, 2014

Vibrators "Punk Mania: Back to the Roots" LP

THE VIBRATORS
“Punk Mania: Back to the Roots”
Cleopatra Records
Released: September 16, 2014

One of the reasons I put effort into this blog is that I enjoy sharing my love of music with others. It gives me a feeling of satisfaction turning people on to the joy of music. Linked to this is the fact that I personally find it extremely difficult to keep up and even know about what is going on with all the bands and music I love.


Take "Punk Mania" for instance. I know the Vibrators were on tour and came relatively close to my area this fall. I couldn't make the two hour drive on a Monday night to get to their gig due to work, but I was aware of the gig in October. What I didn't know is that they had just released a new album. On December 20, 2014 I walked into Double Decker Records in Allentown and saw this and thought "WTF? Am I that far out of the loop?"

So here you go. If you didn't know, The Vibrators released yet another album. This one has some guest guitar work by UK Subs legend Nicky Garratt. Fourteen tracks of that comfortable, sounds like coming home, punk rock that the Vibrators are so good at creating. Influenced by punk, country, rock with the ability to be aggressive and put together a pop hook, the Vibrators (Knox, Pete, Darrell and Eddie) have strung together another great record.

"I Wish I Had A Gun", "Fix", "Blackout", "No Sweat", "Rats"... it's all good. Glad Knox and crew just keep them coming.

Cheers,
Frank FOE
Vibrators fb: 






No comments:

Post a Comment