Saturday, January 23, 2016

Best Hardcore 2015

Best Hardcore 2015


There are a lot of genres within what I call hardcore. Being nearly 50, I love the old but appreciate the new and get confused where the hardcore and metal line is drawn. Or where the noise line is drawn. This is a mashup of anything I consider hardcore. Forget the definitions if you like and just treat this as great albums to put on when you are in a mood.

These are the ten best hardcore albums according to Frank FOE as of January 2016. I added the clarifying date as I am sure over the next twenty years, I will discover dozens more hardcore albums that I missed during the calendar year 2015.

The purpose of this list is to reflect, to possibly introduce these records to someone who possibly missed them in 2015 and to share my love of music.

I rated these by two factors: how many times I actually listened to the record and how creative I found the release.

This is the stuff that helped make 2015 as good as it was.

1. Violent Reaction "Marching On"



2. Battalion of Saints "Battalion of Saints"



3. Agnostic Front "The American Dream Died"




4. Lifeless "Dream"




5. Chain Rank "Up Against the Wall"




6. The Flag of Democracy 3-pack of split 7"s
F.O.D./Ex Friends
F.O.D./Dead Milkmen
F.O.D./Merda




7. Poison Idea "Confuse and Conquer"



8. Discourse "Sanity Decays"





9. Die Choking "III"



10. Wisdom in Chains "The God Rhythm"




Cheers,
Frank FOE


Best Punk of 2015 here: http://frankfoe.blogspot.com/2016/01/best-punk-2015.html

Best Noise of 2015 here: http://frankfoe.blogspot.com/2016/01/best-noise-2015.html

Best Metal of 2015 here: http://frankfoe.blogspot.com/2016/01/best-metal-of-2015.html

No comments:

Post a Comment